- To provide free smoke detectors to all residents in our first-due response area
- To prevent the loss of life from fire within our area
- To have 100% of residences in our area protected by an installed and functional smoke detector.
What are the requirements to receive a free smoke Detector?
- You must be a resident within our first-due response area.
How Do I Get a Smoke Detector?
- Call the Bedington Vol. Fire Department at 304-274-2381.
- Submit the form below.
*What happens once I call and make a request?
- Bedington VFD personnel will then contact you by telephone to schedule an appointment convenient for you to install your smoke detector(s).
This program is not designed to replace the responsibility that landlords have to their renters to provide smoke detectors as outlined in West Virginia Fire Codes and Berkeley County Ordinances.